Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WEB ASSIGNMENT #4




1. Alfred Stieglitz was an american photographer and modern art promoter, he made photography becoming an art form. After he came back from Germany, as an engineer, he determined to show the people that photography is another way to express yourself, like in paintings or sculpture. He started publishing work of photographer who shared his conviction.

2.

I took this picture, because I like the city Venezia. Even though I have never really been there, but it is a wish for me to go there. I just like all the paintings or photographs of that city. When I first saw it on the internet, on monday, it just impressed me. I like that it shows the water and the boats on it, floating, the buildings beside them, and the shadowing of everything together in the water.


3. Even though Stieglitz was married with Emily, he always had a special relationship with the painter Georgia O'Keeffe. And after Emily left him, because she did not like the fact that her husband likes another woman beside her, they got together. Georgia Totto O'Keeffe was an american artist, and she painted large paintings of of enlarged blossoms and buildings in New York. They had a special relationship, they got from acquaintances to admires to lovers and then finally to men and wife. They loved each other so much, that they wrote letters almost ever day, for each other. 



No comments:

Post a Comment